Monday

The Vicious Cycle of Being Unmotivated

Mike Meyer's character 'Fat Bastard' from the Austin Powers series said it best, "I eat because I am unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat."



The motivation to exercise and eat healthy can work for you or against you, as seen in the quote above. My wife, with whom I hope I don't take too much flack, expressed this feeling post Christmas break. She said, "I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. I feel like when I start exercising I will be more motivated, but I don't feel like exercising because I am not motivated. 

It's a vicious cycle!"

An object in motion tends to stay in motion while an object at rest tends to stay at rest. This holds true with people. We cannot beat the laws of nature.

Well we started bootcamp, which Meghan and I lead, so we were forced into motion and motivation. You can do the same by signing up for a class or enlisting a friend to join you in your healthy endeavor. These simple steps can help jump start your motivation.

Best of luck breaking the cycle of un-motivation! Just remember- Take it one day, one activity at a time. Once you are in motion your energy, confidence, feeling of accomplishment, and the laws of nature will keep you going.

What helps you break the cycle of being unmotivated?

1 comment:

  1. No clothes that fit well was my motivation. That, and the warmish, sunny days have me walking again.

    ReplyDelete