Tuesday

Looking for a sign?!

Do you ever ask God to send you a sign?

"Please, God, just send me a sign so I know what to do."

Photo courtesy of morguefile.com taken by tira25

Recently, we had people over and enjoyed a large meal. A mid-year Thanksgiving feast if you will. There is always the temptation to make traditional butter-laden, heavy foods. We resisted and prepared a very healthy dinner. Roasted turkey, baked sweet potatoes, sauteed onions and green beans, and butternut squash. It was delicious.

We skipped all the pies, cookies, and cakes but decided to splurge a bit or dessert. We picked up Blue Bell Ice Cream. Cookie dough even- one of my faves! 

Meg said something looked/ seemed a bit off with the container, but didn't think much of it. Upon dishing it out to our guests we realized it was completely freezer burned. Grainy, dry, and slightly bitter- not at all what ice cream is supposed to taste like.

Let's just say I saw that sign. I actually threw the rest of the container away. (That is saying a lot because I am not a waster.)

Sign or no sign I look at it as a 2x4 across the gut reading- Practice what you preach, dummy!

If you have any "I saw the sign" stories please share them in the comments. I would love to hear them!

What sign have you seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment