Wednesday

What I Learned At Fitness Boot Camp

My first ever boot camp sessions was a success! 

I had the pleasure of leading the 5:00 am boot camp at the Weekley YMCA in Houston. I met some wonderful people, got a great workout, and was able to practice instructing fitness sessions. 

I hope boot camp was as great for everyone else as it was for me because I learned LOTS!


What I Learned At Boot Camp
  • 5:00 am is EARLY! 
  • It is easier to wake up at 5:00 am than you think... if you have a reason to do it
  • Outdoor boot camp = You getting dirty
  • If you are at the 5:00 am boot camp you are already pretty motivated
  • Morning workouts pump me up for the rest of the day
  • People notice if you repeat workout clothes on back-to-back days
  • Group exercise is more motivating than I originally thought
  • The start of boot camp is quiet and gets more talkative as time elapses
  • Running in the dark is fun....and sometimes scary (The Braes Bayou has more cracks than you think)
  • It is important to keep the exercises interesting and challenging
  • A free t-shirt will get people to do just about anything
  • Burpees are my new best friend! Sorry, Meg :) 
  • I now eat two breakfasts
  • The morning boot camp is addicting and I am excited to the next session!

I would encourage everyone to establish a fitness routine. Whether it is a boot camp, exercise videos with friends and family, or joining a run club the motivation, accountability, and friendship available make it more enjoyable than going it alone.

If you live in Houston (especially inside "The Loop") we would love to see you at the 5:00 am boot camp at the Weekley YMCA. It is M,W,F for the next 8 weeks. We focus on high intensity cardio, increasing our running distance, and using body weight resistance to build lean muscle mass. Hope to see you there!

**Meg is still my best friend, sorry Burpees**

No comments:

Post a Comment